Monday, November 28, 2011

Designers I Could Just Eat Up: Hillery Sproatt

I met Hillery Sproatt a couple of years back at the MICA Art Market, while searching for the perfect little birthday gift to myself. I found her delicate, feminine etchings irresistable and I came home with a piece entitled, Balancing Act. It hangs on our dining room wall, reminding me as I pass to take a breath and chill.
A local printmaker and fiber gal, Hillery is a Baltimore favorite and can be found at the Charm City Craft Mafia's Pile of Craft and Holiday Heap craft shows. Which means that I am forever tempted by her lovely work. This is the newest addition to my burgeoning collection, Speckled Spectacle, a dense collection of people busied with their work and united in labors of love.
My birthday is just a few weeks away. I'll keep you posted on what sweet treat I come away with! Maybe another piece by Hillery?

No comments: