Thursday, August 25, 2011

Collections: Everyone's got one. What is yours?

So as I jump back into this blog, I will focus on pretty things, inspirational things, and things that make me happy. I love to collect. I've always been a collector. I've collected worms (which always squirmed away when I wasn't looking), stickers, Strawberry Shortcake paraphernalia, rainbows, books, music, milk glass, dishes, pin-ups, maps, postcards, anything to do with Manhattan. The list goes on. My intention is not to end up on A&E's Hoarders (this chargins my husband) but rather rescue and curate lovely (often old and worn) things. So tell me. What do you collect?

2 comments:

Stine Family said...

Knitting needles, pretty yarn, cookbooks, and antique kitchen items are my weakness. I also have a growing assortment of mismatched china pieces that fit together perfectly.

sugar paperie said...

I love mismatched china too. They make great art pieces when hung on the wall.